Speaking in the Rose Garden at the White House, President Barack Obama delivered remarks on the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. Obama was joined by Bergdahl’s parents, who spoke briefly.
The parents of American soldier, Sgt. Bowe Beghdal, who was just released from captivity in Afghanistan, say they haven’t spoken to their son yet, but want him to know they are proud of him. (June 1)
Bowe Bergdahl: a darker story behind the release of America’s last prisoner of war
America celebrates the release of a young soldier who allegedly abandoned his post after growing disillusioned with the war in Afghanistan.
- Rogers: Bergdahl Deal Puts All Soldiers at Risk (freebeacon.com)
- Hagel, Rice praise Bergdahl recovery mission, defend not telling Congress (conservativebyte.com)
- Obama Commits Treason While Negotiating With Terrorists (conservativebyte.com)
- AWOL Traitor Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Traded for Taliban Terrorists: “In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful,” AWOL soldier’s dad said in Arabic (freedomoutpost.com)
- Bergdahl’s father’s deleted tweet a smoking gun? (MinutemenNews.com)