Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki offered his resignation to President Obama this morning amid a growing scandal within his department, Obama said in a statement. Obama has named Sloan Gibson as Interim VA Secretary during the search for Shinseki’s replacement. Shinseki, condemning a systemic “lack of integrity” at some VA hospitals, apologized to veterans on Friday for abuses that hid the lengthy wait times for patients to see doctors, saying the problem was worse than he thought.??
- Eric Shinseki to resign in 5, 4, 3, … (libertyunyielding.com)
- House Democrats call for Shinseki’s sacking (cowboybyte.com)
- Jay Carney Flat Out Refuses To Admit If Obama Has Confidence In Shinseki (dailysurge.com)
- Bob Kerrey: VA head Shinseki must go (watchdog.org)
- VA Committee Chairman Calls for Shinseki’s Immediate Resignation (freebeacon.com)